Tuesday, September 4, 2012

D-day 2

Been wanting to blog since the day Kaelin was born, but juggling with a baby and a toddler while managing with postnatal pains and wound really keeps me off tasks and let alone blogging. Guess i'll have trouble blogging for quite a while. Still, I don't wish to let the memories of the day she was born to fade.

On the 22nd August Wednesday, 7am. (Just 3 hours away from seeing Dr Don for my appointment) I was awoke by what I thought the need to run to the toilet but after several mins the pain got more intense. Then I quickly woke dearie up and I told him I think I am having contractions pain. He was still in slumber but I got more panicky as each pain intensified and I couldnt even brush my teeth properly. He asked if he could take a shower! I said, "NO!" Dearie called for Dr Don to inform him and to meet us at the hospital.

We left the house at around 7.30am, reached the Mount Alvernia at around 8.30am because of the congested morning traffic.
I was wheeled to the delivery suite upon alighting. Dearie requested for epidural from the nurse on my behalf, how well he knows me! but after the nurse checked, she said, "no need epidural, baby is coming out soon" i was already 9cm dilated but my water bag did not broke. (because her face was facing upwards)

With much doubts I requested for the epi again. my question is "how soon?! I couldn't tolerate the pain any seconds longer!!!" despite me asking for it again, she still refuses to give it to me.
She handed the gas to me, dearie holding for me encouraging me to sniff and relax, after sniffing for 10 mins or so, I was in a daze, I could only hear voices couldn't open my eyes to see what was happening.

Shortly after we arrived Dr Don walked in the suite said hi, and check on me again. He said, "baby is coming out.." I replied, "when?!" (in much pain)
He said, "you can push now.."
From this moment the birth process was beautiful, it was almost everything what I wanted. (except for those pains) A quick and natural delivery.
Dearie hold my hand and not letting go, wiping away my tears and sweat as he was counting with the rest and motivating me with each pushes.
It was extremely painful, I seriously don't know how to describe the kind of pain I was in especially towards the end I was shouting and screaming as I feel her moving every inches down the birth canal stretching my skin to it's earthly limit, even my throat hurt from my constant yelling.
Finally I heard her cries. Thank God, the pain was over. ( for that moment.)






She completes us..
our pure joy









we just can't stop snapping pictures of her. She is so perfect to me.



Kieran meet Kaelin for the first time.

First stroke..
first kiss..
second kiss..
third kiss..
fourth..
fifth..
sixth! he simply cannot resist his baby sister charm. "Kieran, we can feel your love Mei mei!" even mei mei signal, "stop kissing me korkor!" 
we handed the gift we bought for Kieran as though from his baby sister.
Unwrapping his present time!
enjoying his remote controlled car
 the result of pushing too hard and fast. 
my pretty eyes. haha. Alright. gotta get back to my real life. Thanks to those who came down to visit and for those sweet congratulatory comments.
Anyway couldn't have done it without dearie by my side. And praise the lord for the smooth delivery and for his sweet gift to us.
Our family has grown! this has always been what I wanted. A boy and a girl. Love it. <3 p="p">
Cheers! will TRY to update more!


ade.loves

No comments: