Sunday, December 12, 2010

1st week of parenting

So far I think we are managing quite well with our stage 1 of parenting journey. From changing diaper, bathing and feeding. I guess in no time we will be experts! Hehe. Bathing is the trickiest. Our first bath for Kieran wasn't that bad maybe cuz we attended the session on "bathing your baby" in mount A. And watching ah ma bathing Kieran..Otherwise I think it would be a disaster! We were a bit like octopus as if too many hands dunno which hand to hold which part. And the bath tub super slippery with him struggling furiously. He cried till so bitterly as if bathing was a torturing process! See le heart pain!
Yesterday was our 3rd bathing time for him, he still cries but seems more settled. Cried for awhile only. Slowly getting use to it. :) Good boy Kieran!

Daddy changing diaper for Kieran.

Put some baby powder to prevent abrasion

After Kieran bath and feed he will sleep very soundly and longer than usual for about 3-5 hours.  Perhaps after using much energy, stomach filled plus feeling comfy n fresh. We took this opportunity to trim his TINY NAILS! There were 2-3 occasions baby mittens came off and he scratched his face while crying frantically left a few red lines but lucky these scratches were superficial marks. But still pains us to see.
Oh My God! it's damn scary lor..daddy Henry carefully place the cutter, slowly concentrating and aiming, my heart will skipped fast each time I hear the "click"! No cries - means good. No tiny fingers injured. Then I do the filing to file any remaining sharp edges. Phew~ baby Kieran still on milky la la land...zZz..good job daddy Henry, Mummy Adeline! :D

afternoon nap after shower

Hubby went out to get a new set of pump yesterday as I wanted to replace it with Avent. Previously using Tommie Tippie single manual but because the rest of the milk bottles we bought were from Avent even our warmer n sterilizer. By changing it save us the hassle of transferring the milk from the pump to the bottle. I wanted a single manual but he came back with 2 in 1 manual + electric! And lots of other items! Nipple shield, breast shell, storage boxes, and few items for Kieran, a toy to train his hand grip with sound when being squeezed. Avent pacifier and a baby powder container. So nice of daddy Henry, he said electric is much convenient. The breast shell is to protect pain from engorgement, etc.. (Thank dear.. Love you!) lovely hubby cum daddy!This lovely hubby also secretly helped me boil water and brought it into our master room toielt at 12am, he mixed n prepare the pack of herbs for me to bath. My intention was to wait till both folks has gone to bed but I can't stand any longer from the stickiness of sweat! After bathing, I feel I can FLY~ no more stickiness! Lol. Thanks again dearie!

my new gadgets


Kieran new gadgets

No comments: