Monday, September 5, 2011

happy 9 months to Kieran Koh!



MR magician koh!
Kieran turned 9 months old 2 days ago..with this, marked my 9th month of motherhood!!
he knocked his head on the edge of the table while playing in the office. poor boy!
we brought him for his regular check up on 2nd Sept. Baby kieran now weighs 8.6kg and height 71.5cm.

he can say a single word, "MA."
he can crawl on his knees,
he can sit up on his own,
he can roll very fast,
he can play peekaboo,
he can pull himself up with a help of furniture,
he can imitate certain sounds,
he loves to watch cartoon but he don't like teletubbies,
he love to bathe,
he loves being carried and he loves cuddling,
he likes cookies but he don't really like porridge, (like his daddy.)
he always want to have a bite or two of whatever mommy and daddy is eating! 9 (esp ice cream...)

throwing tantrum because i don't want to carry him.

in the morning, in good mood.

new toy! the tissue box. hahaha!
new teether! -.-
happy baby.
Sometimes I really felt that I'm commendable that I should be crowned! "super mom!" haha, i know i sound BHB!, but i just don't care.
I seriously think that being a mom requires all the patience I've got! If patience is a "piece of skin" on me, then no amount of expensive stretch marks cream would be of help, it is stretched to its earthly limits!

At times, (half the times) I feel like pulling every strands of my hair. I wouldn't know I have such praiseworthy of patience in me if not for my precious son Kieran. I do love love little kids..but It's just the raising part of it.
It's like how u love money but hate slogging for it. It's amazing how I managed to keep my cool while i handle my crying machine in the middle of the night, took 3 hours to put coax him to sleep and he woke up after like 20mins?! And then took another 1-2 hrs to put him to sleep again?! Thankfully that only happened when he was about 5 month old.

Ladies, (or even guys as well) some mini tips from me, after my 9th month of motherhood.

1. Firstly, you must have not just strong mentality. BUT SUPER STRONG mentality!
Being a mother will require you to use up ALL of your energy, strength and your cool! and  I realize how much energy it requires to raise a baby and I need to find extra strength inside me that i never knew I had. My body used to sleep for about 8 hours, but now painfully cut down to about 3 to 5 hours.

2. You can't possibly be a control freak, not everything is within control. Let things happen as it will. 
It will ease your stress alot. You can't control and plan everything that is going to happen. You cant control when your baby will cry, when she will wake up, etc..
Adapt to different situations and be prepared for whatever situation may arise.

3. Bottle feed your baby as early as possible, (with BM) even though some may tell you there will be nipple confusion, delay till at least one month etc..You will want to pass the duties to someone else at time, especially when you need to get more winks of sleep..
Cuz you never know she might ended up bottle resistant. (Just like Baby kieran)

4. have sense of humor. Often,  I wonder why being a mother is so difficult and why i can’t seem to get anything right, In order to get through such times, you will need to manage and control the  stress level and laugh it off. well, tough times soon pass before you know it!

5. Lastly however tough it may seems, just keep telling yourself you can do it! Hehe. If not, you call ADELINE THE HOT MAMA help desk @ 9661XXX2.
she is more than willing to advice or help!  

Although I kept ranting how tiring and tough it is being a mom I'm still thankful to God for each moment i have with my son. I'm blessed! Happy 9 month baby. Mommy and daddy Loves you!

No comments: