Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Woes of pregnancy.

When the news of my pregnancy is announced. Everyone congratulates me.It is definitely a joy. But this piece of joy has a price to pay!
This congratulating news comes in a package like a "hamper"!

I've unwrapped morning sickness, vomiting, rashes, backaches, leg pain, heartburn, hair loss, stretch marks, and now RASHES again?!

My whole back is covered with red raised bumps. That looks like insect bites. Sometimes it itches like hell. Everynight I hope my hormones will balance out and everything goes back to normal, but it does not seems as that is so likely. It looks so ugly, it really bothers me when I looked into the mirror. Thank God they did not appear on my face, and that's the most comforting part. There are definetly good and bad days, and all I can do is roll with the punches. Hopefully it will disappear after giving birth.

I googled and found this website they define the common types of rashes.

Rashes that only occur in pregnancy are:
1.PUPPP - (pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy)
2.herpes gestationis
3.impetigo herpetiformis
4.papular dermatitis of pregnancy
5.prurigo gestation
After reading the descriptions, I'm still clueless of which type mine belongs to. Gonna ask my gynae on the next visit.

Well, despite all the woes I'm going through I'm still thankful as
Every child is a unique and special gift from God to us!

No comments: