Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Birth Story

Before we make our way to Mount Alvernia Hospital. Dearie n me went for steamboat feast at  Bugis.
After our satisfying and filling dinner we head down straight to the hospital. Reached around 12:30am Directed to the delivery suite, the room looks very Intimidating! I was damn nervous even though I smiled to the camera. Wanna look pretty mah..haha.
Alright, I shall not describe every single details of my labour moments, it might scare some ladies who are reading this! All I can say is that I kept telling myself this is my 1st and last baby. (at that moment of pain) I was literally repeating to dearie "我不要生了!" and I even had nightmare that night I dreamt that I was in the delivery suite again, then i wake up in sweat! Lol.
Induced at 1:00am, 8 hours later Doc Don came in and said, "1.5cm" I said "what?!" so Many hours but open 1.5cm only??!! 
He then burst the water bag, waited till 12:30pm... 3cm only. 5:00pm..10cm! Finally..I can start pushing and see our precious one soon. Been waiting like years for this 10cm! Every seconds seem like an hour.
Yes I had epidural for those who are wondering. Spent $1300+ but the effect is like no kick. Maybe the pain would be worst without it.
Push! Push!! Push!!! Again...PUSH!! Almost wanted to give up, dearie was beside me holding my hands n pushing with me. Kept telling me "dear, 加油baby要出来了"the nurses keep encouraging me as well. "要快点看到baby吗? 要就出多点力!"
I gave the 2 last pushes with all my strength I'm left with, and Yes! Finally we heard his cry. Very crystal clear. Carefully they place him on my tummy, i look at his face and my heart immediately melts and suddenly all the pain was gone, me and dearie was smiling from inside out.
Baby Kieran Koh was born. 3.065kg 53cm long. Extremely exhausted. 
I couldn't take my eyes off our precious one. Seeing dearie wipe him clean and hear him cry makes us so overwhelmed with happiness and joy. I dunno how I can describe it better. But I never felt anything like this before.  After the long 9 months, finally we are able to holding our baby Kieran in our arms. <3 Loves..







after cleaning..
he opened his right eye first.
both eyes opened. looking around curiously.

face of a happy father.

our 1st family photo! ignore my shagged face. 

felt better after medication.
changing diaper by grandma.
Uncle Alex with Kieran.
Thanks everyone who came down to visit Kieran. =)

No comments: